Written by hands-on Six Sigma quality experts who write with the excellence Six Sigma can help you achieve in your products and services Design for Six Sigma provides unrivalled real-world new product development experience and priceless walkthroughs that help you choose the right design tools at every stage of product development. You get the detailed directions, careful comparisons, and worked-out calculations that make every step easier and make sense of every step.
This trailblazing guide is the only resource that gives product and service designers, project and quality engineers, and Six Sigma trainers a true roadmap to product excellence, from customer requirements to customer satisfaction.
Writing in a clear, easy-to-follow style, the authors provide:
- A systematic method for achieving world-class quality in product development and manufacturing
- Revealing inside-industry case studies
- Groundbreaking comparisons of traditional quality tools with newer approaches
- Focused examinations of engineering tools such as DOE (Design of Experiment), Taguchi Method, Axiomatic Design, and TRIZ (Theory for Inventive Problem-Solving)
- All the information, insights, and knowledge covered by the ASQ Black Belt examination
Starting with basic Introduction to Quality concepts, Design for Six Sigma goes on to deliver in-depth coverage of essential topics such as:
- Fundamentals of Six Sigma
- Basic Six Sigma Statistical Tools
- Fundamentals of Experimental Data
- Taguchi's Robust Parameter Design
- Tolerance Design
- Introduction to Principles of Design
- And much more
You'll also find a list of acronyms and a bibliography. Worth its weight in gold to any professional interested in the development of robust products, Design for Six Sigma is a tool you'll turn to again and again and your quality and productivity is sure to reflect it.